Dark Roast Espresso
Mandeln und dunkle Schokolade
Delivery if payment made by 2 PM: 25.03.2023 – 27.03.2023
- 100 % Arabica beans
- Rainforest Alliance certified
- Powerful and intense
- Extra dark roast
Dark roast with strong notes of chocolate
The Espresso Dark Roast from the Moyee roastery consists of 100 % Arabica beans. The coffee beans for this espresso blend were grown in Uganda. In its own roasting plant in Kenya, Moyee roasted the beans very dark. The espresso is intense, earthy and has dark roasted aromas. The aftertaste has pleasant bitter notes. Notes of dark chocolate harmonize with aromas of almonds.
The journey of the beans for the Espresso Dark Roast can be traced transparently:
- The current batch consists of three different beans from Uganda. The Dark is the result of the lively trio. 65 % is from Mt. Elgon AB, 15 % from Mt. Elgon AA and 10 % from Mt. Elgon CPB. The farmers do an excellent job delivering a fully organic coffee with a green coffee cupping score of 82-84.
- When the farmers deliver the ripe, red berries to the washing station, the processing team washes them and then places them on the drying beds.
- Moyee has opened its own roastery in Kenya. 41 employees work there. In this way, at least 50 % of the value remains in this coffee region.
- Immediately after the beans are roasted, they are packaged. The team packs the coffee with nitroflush so that all the oxygen escapes from the pack and the beans arrive fresh in the Netherlands at Moyee.
Die Rainforest Alliance ist eine internationale gemeinnützige Umweltschutzorganisation mit Sitz in den USA. Sie vergibt das Siegel mit dem grünen Frosch auf Grundlage des „Rainforest Alliance Sustainable Agriculture Standard“.