Dark Roast Espresso
Dunkle Schokolade und Mandeln
Delivery if payment made by 2 PM: 28.03.2023 – 30.03.2023
- Extra dark roast
- 100 % Arabica beans
- Powerful and intense
- Rainforest Alliance certified
Beans were grown in Uganda and dark roasted in Uganda
The Espresso Dark Roast is a high-quality espresso blend from the Moyee roastery, which consists of 100 % Arabica beans. The coffee beans were grown in Uganda. The high-quality coffee beans were roasted in Moyee's own roastery in Kenya. The espresso can be described as intense, earthy and dark. The aftertaste is pleasantly bitter and long-lasting. Aromas of almonds harmonize with the taste of dark chocolate.
The path of the coffee beans can be traced transparently
- The blend consists of three different types of beans from Uganda. 65 % is from Mt. Elgon AB, 15 % from Mt. Elgon AA and 10 % from Mt. Elgon CPB. The espresso is of high quality, which is also shown by the score of 82 to 84 in the green coffee cupping score.
- The ripe, red coffee berries are delivered to the washing station and then washed by the processing team and then placed on drying beds.
- Moyee has opened its own roastery in Kenya, which employs a total of 41 people. The aim is to keep at least 50 % of the values in the coffee region.
- After the beans are roasted, the team packs them with Nitroflush. In this way, all the oxygen escapes from the packaging and the beans arrive fresh at Moyee in the Netherlands.
Die Rainforest Alliance ist eine internationale gemeinnützige Umweltschutzorganisation mit Sitz in den USA. Sie vergibt das Siegel mit dem grünen Frosch auf Grundlage des „Rainforest Alliance Sustainable Agriculture Standard“.