- Beans from Ethiopia
- Floral taste
- Local roastery in Ethiopia
- Sweet aftertaste of powdered sugar
The coffee beans were grown in Limu, Ethiopia
Moyee's single filter coffee comes from Limu, Ethiopia. The coffee specialty from the coffee region, the birthplace of coffee, has beautiful, complex and full aromas and flavors. A fresh strong coffee with a slightly fruity aftertaste of jasmine and cocoa. The coffee is slowly roasted for 27 minutes at 197°C. Flowery, lemony aromas can also be discovered! The Moyee Single's cupping score is 85.5.
The journey of the Moyee Single coffee can be followed step by step:
- 1. Moyee is in direct contact with more than 650 farmers who grow single bean cherries in Limu, Ethiopia. Coffee plants grow at an altitude of more than 1,600 meters under the canopy of a natural forest. From November to January, the ripe, reddish berries are picked by hand and processed at our own local washing stations.
- 2.During the harvest, the FairChain farmers from the area bring their ripe, red berries here. First the berries are washed. To ensure quality, the beans are then slowly dried on the drying beds. It is mainly women who process the single coffee.
- 3.The green beans are roasted after processing in the local roastery in Ethiopia. This not only creates more local jobs in the coffee-growing countries, but also opens up more opportunities. The coffee is roasted for about 27 minutes. This creates a syrupy taste, an aroma of cocoa with a note of jasmine and a slight aftertaste of powdered sugar.
- 4. Immediately after the beans have been roasted, they are packed. The team packs the coffee with nitroflush so all the oxygen escapes from the pack and the beans arrive fresh in Europe. The date on which the coffee was produced is indicated on each pack.